UPDATES
The activity check is now over!!! Accounts that didn't reply have been moved to the inactive member group, but feel free to message staff if you want to be moved back!! Two high ranks have opened, deputy and medicine cat in AshClan! Please consider applying! Gatherings won't occur until high ranks are filled!

It is now New-Leaf on MOT!

Hello everyone! We've got a new skin up, if you notice anything weird on the site please give us a heads up as we're still trying to tweak everything and may have missed something when moving to the new layout. We've put an activity check up that will be open for a week; please be sure to reply to this if you want to keep your characters! If you're unable to reply to the check or are having activity problems, please reach out to us. After the check and the old characters/bios/threads have been cleaned out, we will continue from there to grow our site even more.

Happy New Year, MOT!!! We have an activity check up so please check that out to keep your account and characters safe. Almost all high ranks are filled, with just the Head Hunter remaining, so definitely look into applying so we can move towards holding our first Gathering! We are super excited with the activity we had been building, and would love to keep that momentum going into the new semester!

It is now Leaf-Bare on MOT!

The activity check is over! We have an announcement up here where you can earn shop items that would otherwise need to be bought! We want to welcome all the new members that have joined in the last week or so, and encourage all members to look at the open high ranks to see if any position catches your eye! We are more than excited to roleplay with everyone!

We hope that everyone who celebrates it has had a great Thanksgiving! This weekend we have decided to do some cleaning around the site and to hopefully make things a little easier to understand in regards to information threads and high rank auditions. To do that, we are doing a small activity check that will only last a few days so that we can implement those changes. Please be sure to post there with what characters/wips you wanna keep!

We've been open for a little over a month now, and role playing is beginning to pick up! We're currently brainstorming ideas of IC events that could take place in the future, so if you've got any ideas feel free to toss them at us. High ranks are still open with no current end date, though we've been getting a few auditions, so get yours in! Available high ranks can be found here.

MOT is now open! Feel free to stop in and chat with us, poke around, and make yourself at home! Here is the list of all currently available high ranks.
DISCORD
STAFF

REPLY | NEW TOPIC | NEW POLL

my cotton candy heart, [the wonder twins]
bloom of constant fragrance
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 02:01 PM

you reflect in this heart of mine
His life had always been about duality. It just wasn't always the way people often expected. See, it wasn't true that he and Plume, a pair in every meaning of the word, were like two sides of one coin. Oh no. That wasn't how they worked. It was more... that they were one side. A singularity - the line between him and Plume all but nonexistent. That didn't mean there wasn't a coin though. If they were tails something had to be heads after all. It was just that that heads happened to be anyone who wasn't them. Them. Singular noun. A singular identity. Alone like this, Bloom wasn't an individual. In so many ways he was half a person. It felt wrong. Yet, he knew on some level that in itself was problematic. He was certain Plume hadn't realized truly what they were. That being half a person wasn't something that could continue forever. Their existence as it was was in jeopardy - approaching a line where, eventually, they'd go barreling off the edge. It was terrifying. Yet, maybe they needed it?

Bloom had laid awake, curled up next to his brother, kept awake by these thoughts for what felt like hours before he'd given up all together. Plume was snoring, but even so he was careful to extract himself from their pile. No sense waking him up just yet. Maybe he could be back before Plume even knew he was gone. He just...needed a walk.

He moved through the tunnels with absent familiarity, at ease in the dark as he made his way to nowhere in particular. Well, no, that wasn't fair. He had a vague destination in mind and the long furred tom was by no means surprised when his legs took him to a familiar place. The twins had spent a great deal of time in this place. It was neutral ground, which meant it was often either totally empty or filled with all sorts of interesting folks. Fortunately, tonight, Bloom found himself alone.

An hour or two was spent simply wandering around the familiar place, lost in thought. He lingered in the house of mirrors, watching his body contort obnoxiously and then picked his way over the tracks of what was once a roller coaster. From there he crept through what was once a strip of game booths, taking great joy in knocking over heavy bottles he found stacked there. Even that, though, got tiring after a time and, eventually, he found himself seated on top of a strange fake animal that looked vaguely like a deer. Bloom curled up on the carousel, slowly grooming himself as his eyes wandered over the faded paint and broken lights around him.

It didn't take long after that for the familiar scent, so much like his own, to make itself known. Bloom smiled faintly, wondering briefly how to explain his little night trip out to his brother. He should've known better. Even when he was feeling off he and Plume were always so in sync. Despite his concerns, the familiarity of it put him at ease. Without looking up, he gestured to one of the other weird animals connected to this contraption, murmuring in a parody of woe, "Someone broke off it's horn."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
plume of constant light
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 09:20 PM

you could be my fantasy
The first thing that was noticed was the obvious lack of warmth. A warmth that had definitely been there when he'd found sleep. A warmth that had been at his side ever since he could remember. Plume's eyes flew open once his mind was conscious enough to realize what the absence of that warmth signified, and his head snapped up. The emptiness of their shared nest was gaping, huge, hostile, threatening to swallow Plume whole. The tom pushed himself up, unsteadily, into a sitting position. The sun wasn't out yet, but he could tell that it was nearly sunrise. The others slept soundly around him, his amber eyes slowly scanning the den. But he knew better. He knew his brother wasn't here.

He wasn't panicked, but he knew something wasn't right. He couldn't explain why, he could just feel it. Something just... Wasn't correct. The twins had this sort of thing occasionally; Plume certainly knew that when Bloom was hurting he could... Feel it somehow. Feel that something was off. That very same feeling shrouded the ginger-and-white tom as he slowly, delicately, rose to all fours. He wasn't dumb; he could smell his brother's scent leaving the den. He just... Wasn't sure what to make of this. Why had Bloom left?

There was a nagging feeling. Persistent. It coaxed Plume out of the warmth of the den and into the chill of the leaf-bare morning. Instantly, his fur prickled against the cold breeze and his nose stung as he inhaled the sharp air. Well, this was certainly one way to wake up in the morning. If mornings were even your thing which, Plume noted gloomily, mornings were certainly not his thing. Still, he had a mission. Silently, his paws carried him in the direction his twin had gone, effortlessly following his scent. Bloom hadn't tried to make it a secret, otherwise Plume would have a harder time with this. That happened sometimes, when they used to play hide and seek together in the warmer moons of greenleaf.

His paws carried him up above ground, pupils constricting for a moment as they adjusted to the 'light' darkness outside. The sun wasn't far away, and this darkness was somehow different than that of the subway car he'd emerged from. For a moment, Plume simply sat and took in his surroundings, reorienting himself to his brother's trail. Once he found it, Plume began in that direction. Oddly enough, this path took him further out than he'd expected. The fairgrounds had been a place they'd explored briefly once or twice when boredom struck, but it was so far out of the way that they usually didn't spend much time here.

Plume continued forward regardless, and it wasn't long that his twin's scent warmed, signaling that he was close. His pace slowed to a casual walk as he moved forward, and there he was; seated atop a rusted monstrosity that used to be in the shape of an animal. Plume looked up at his brother as Bloom murmured something about the other fake animal's horn being broken. The ginger-and-white tom frowned then and gracefully hopped onto said animal, placing his paw in the spot where its horn used to be. "I bet it used to look cool," he remarked with the same tone his brother had adopted, that same mockery of sadness. The tom sat atop the animal's head, tail wrapping around his forepaws to shield them from the frost that hung in the air heavily.

His head turned, looking out absently at the abandoned... Place. Whatever this place was. They called it the Fairgrounds, but Plume still wasn't sure what that meant. A frown played on his lips as he remarked, "I bet this whole place used to look cool. Too bad it's all rusty and overgrown now."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 11:01 PM

Bloom wasn't sure if the anxiety that sparked under his skin was his own or belonged to Plume. There was no way for him to differentiate. No matter where it initially came from it was theirs now. They shared this, like so many other things, on a level that so few understood. All he knew was that, beneath it all, Plume was every bit as anxious as he was. Their mirror bounced back more than just appearances, after all. In the end, no matter if it was his own strange feelings, Plume's panic at waking up alone he was feeling, or a mixture of both that he was currently feeling, it was certainly his fault.

He watched himself approach, knowing exactly what his brother would do the moment he did it. It wasn't necessarily true that their synchronization took no work at all. Sure, the basics were there, buried deep in instinct born from moons of near constant presence. And, yes, some of it was just simply whatever weird connection they shared. But, taking to the level they did required some conscious awareness of his brother. Bloom wouldn't call it a thought, not exactly. It wasn't like he sat down and thought through each move he thought Plume would make - and he highly doubted that his brother did that for him either. Maybe it was just a habit? He didn't know and he wasn't certainly in the mood to dig into it either. It didn't matter. It was what they had always done and, most of the time, slipping into that mode was as easy and natural as breathing.

When his brother hopped up, Bloom moved too, hopping down onto the rump of the once horned animal. He settled there, his own tail wrapping around his own paws, eyes scanning the same route Plume's had taken. He took a moment, contemplating the other cat's assessment for a moment, before a habitual teasing grin settled on his face. "Kinda spooky though huh? Who knows, maybe some of the King's stories about this place are true."

maleficent
don't mine me deciding they still use that nickname for unnamed Tama!kitty
BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
plume of constant light
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 10:23 PM

you could be my fantasy
He watched his brother hop down from his perch and then leap onto the fake, rusted statue of an animal that Plume had claimed a seat on. Without thinking, Plume was moving, his paws delicately carrying him to sit next to Bloom, feeling the strange magnetic attraction that they both shared to one another. Next to Bloom, he felt complete again. He felt at ease. He felt whole. Having Bloom at his side, Plume felt like himself. He could feel himself unconsciously relax with the warmth of his twin returned to him, the brief oddness of waking alone this morning briefly forgotten.

He watched his twin as the other spoke, talking about the annoying cat who claimed to be the 'king' of their group (outside of the audible range from their leaders, of course). Plume felt himself move forward, closing the small distance between them to gently rest one of his paws over Bloom's, nosing his way under the other's chin in a brief show of quiet affection before he pulled away, voice a low mumble when he himself finally spoke.

"Something's wrong," he mumbled, voice soft, amber eyes on his brother. He was genuinely concerned, but at the same time the words were gentle, unaggressive. He would not force this out of his brother if Bloom didn't want to share it, but at the same time they... Had little to nothing as a secret between the two of them. Plume confided everything into Bloom and he hoped it was the same in reverse. "I know you're a morning person but you usually don't wander off this far. What's up?"

He didn't like this. It wasn't often that he couldn't tell exactly what was on the other cat's mind. They were a near exact mirror of one another, inseparable since birth, ever since their own parents couldn't even tell them apart from one another. To Plume, his twin was his world, and the world they had built around one another was all he knew. Seeing his brother upset about... Something was upsetting, particularly when he wasn't sure why. A small, ghost of a smile pulled at his maw as he remarked in a show of slight humor, "surely you didn't come all the way out here just to see if what the king said was true."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 01:29 PM

It wasn't unexpected when Plume slipped down with him. His body reacted long before his mind even fully registered what his brother had done. Melting against his brother was pure instinct. They were one in so many ways - not all of them for show - that boundaries, plain and simple, just didn't exist for them. Plume, nosed his way under his chin, an action that Bloom's body adjusted to with ease. His tail curled, head moving to rub against his brother's cheek as he drew away, knowing fully well that the other cat was about to speak a beat before he opened his mouth.

There was nothing probing in his shadow's words. Plume could...get aggressive sometimes. Jealous or irritable when he hit some kind of situation he didn't understand. But none of that was here. How could it be? They trusted one another implicitly. Plume had faith that Bloom would never hide anything from him. After all, they didn't work if there were secrets between them. Plume wouldn't lie to him at least not intentionally and Bloom had no plans to be the first to cross that line.

"I don't know," he said eventually, tail curling back over his own paws. His eyes wandered across the ground in front of him as his took a moment to sort through Plume's slight spike of worry and, of course, his own feelings. "I was thinking too much I guess. About the others." He glanced at Plume, a slight spiral of guilt worming its way in his chest. "I couldn't sleep so I thought a walk might help and I just..sort of ended up here?"

Bloom huffed, paws kneading slowly at the metal of the creature below them, before he looked over at at his other half. "We've...been hanging around them a long time now, huh?"

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
plume of constant light
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 11:55 PM

you could be my fantasy
"I don't know. ... ended up here?"

Plume's eyes scanned the expanse of rusted metal and overgrown asphalt before them, absently taking in details of the area as his brother spoke, silently absorbing his words. He wasn't sure how he felt about the sudden disappearance, about waking up to find himself alone. It had been a long while since he'd done that, and he much preferred waking up to his twin beside him, knowing he was safe and close and okay. He wouldn't lie, there was a slight bit of irritation lingering that Bloom had just wandered out and away without him, but it was overshadowed by the concern he felt.

"We've... Been hanging ... time now, huh?"

Plume's amber eyes turned to meet his own gaze staring back at him when he looked at his brother, head tipped slightly. "Yeah, I guess we have been. But is that a bad thing? It's enough to get you to run out here and be all weird." He was still trying to lighten the conversation, still trying to make things not so serious. He... Wasn't the best when it came to solemn conversations, even with his own brother, though no one else would ever get close to seeing him vulnerable. No one besides Bloom.

The tom took in a deep breath and stood,t ail raising as he stretched, claws scraping deliciously against the metal beneath him. "Honestly, you're being so weird about all this. What's so wrong with hanging out with the others?" He bunched his muscles and jumped down from the mechanical animal they'd been perched on top of, tail still raised when he landed and looked back up at his brother. "It's too cold to sit still, let's walk around some."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 02:35 PM

Bloom knew his brother wasn't happy. He could sense the mild annoyance beneath the surface of concern and he knew, in a way, he'd hurt his brother. Plume had always been the type to take things personally. Well, no, they had always been the type to take things personally, but Bloom was...better at repressing the reaction. He could recognize that it was irrational in far more circumstances than Plume could. Yet that didn't mean Plume was heartless. Worry was still the primary emotion in play. Plume meant well. Contrary to popular belief, they did generally mean well.

When it was clear that Plume wasn't processing their new friends the same way Bloom was, the younger tom let it drop. He knew that, on some level, Plume must know this was strange for them. He had to, right? It had always been just them and now suddenly they had friends? It was strange and it was strange that it was strange, but if Plume didn't want to process that right now Bloom wasn't going to be the one to push him to. This was...good in some ways. Plume thinking this was normal was good, right?

He felt Plume stand up before his brother actually went through the motion. "Yeah, I guess I am," he mumbled, mimicking the motion slowly. Leaping down next to his brother and walking past him, letting his fur brush against Plume's as he went, joking. "You see the house of mirrors yet? Was in there earlier and it was basically like having hundreds of us. Mirror me had our sense of humor."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
plume of constant light
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 07:18 PM

you could be my fantasy
His brother jumped down to join him, and Plume leaned into the contact before Bloom even had the chance to touch their pelts together. His own tail wrapped lightly around Bloom's as his twin moved, Plume falling in a perfectly in sync step right beside him. He didn't even need to think about it, they just matched so well in everything that they did. It was why being alone felt so foreign. Not that they were always together, but when Plume was forced to be apart from his brother it never really felt the same. He was aware of how his personality shifted when he was alone, too. Bloom was just a big comfort to be around.

Plume grinned at his twin's words. "You should introduce me to mirror you. I think more of you isn't a bad idea." Plume purred at him, taking a side step closer so that their fur brushed as they walked together. Flirting between the brother was nothing new or out of the ordinary but it was definitely something that confused the others. It confused Plume as well, to be perfectly honest. He had no idea how to process his own feelings when it came to his brother and other cats. Once in a while he'd wonder if, in the future, there'd be another cat that one of the twins fell in love with, but Plume never let himself think of that for too long. Bloom was his world. No one understood them anyway.

The building that Bloom was leading them to loomed up ahead, and Plume broke from their formation to bound up to the front doors and peer inside. It was dark aside from the occasional spots of light filtering in through holes in the ceiling, but Plume lived in the Tribe, and if there was one thing Tribe cats were good at it was seeing in the dark. After the many moons of living underneath the city, it came natural to them. Almost immediately, Plume saw a reflection of himself against the far wall, and the tom froze for a beat before a laugh bounced out of his throat. "Okay that's really weird. Not every day you see a reflection that clear of yourself."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 01:45 PM

They were uncomfortably close - or at least that's what most of the others thought - but this was the norm for them. They moved in sync, leaning on each other and twisting and turning as if they were not two bodies but one. Their unit had no boundaries and, on some level Bloom knew that was weird. He knew that they were weird. But he didn't care, not really. What others thought didn't matter to them. It never had. And, yet, Bloom also knew that in so many ways this was unhealthy. He knew they were hindering any progress at individualism. He knew that as long as they continued this there would be no Plume and Bloom, but simply a them. Yet, he felt no desire to change that. Selfishly, he half hoped that Plume felt the same.

The playful words lingered in the air between them. Flirting, maybe, but an odd way of putting it. More of Bloom was just more of Plume. They had multiplicity already. Was such a statement really a compliment to him or a compliment to them? In the end it was all just more of them. So Bloom fell into it naturally. "And here I thought you'd be jealous," he replied with a playful flick of his tail, head pushing up under his twin's head as they untangled, still in sync even as they separated.

He watched Plume leap up to mirrors, his own whiskers twitching in amusement at his brother's reaction. "Is it?" he questioned, curiously. "For us, I mean." He stepped up closer to one of the mirrors, sitting down and observing. Most cats didn't get to see themselves this clearly this often, but for them it simply meant looking to the left or right. He put a paw up on the glass, head cocking. "Not that different than looking at you," he teased, throwing him a mischievous look. "Although I suppose I can't dispute this ones far better at being quiet."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
plume of constant light
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:36 PM

you could be my fantasy
His twin moved to join him, Bloom approaching the mirror to place a paw on it almost curiously. Mirrors weren't too common, especially ones this large and in tact, but here in this hall of mirrors there were plenty of them, however the lighting in here was so bad that hardly anything could be seen anyway. Plume headed deeper into the maze or mirrors with bored, absent-minded curiosity as his brother's voice sounded from behind him.

"Is it? For ... at being quiet."

"Yeah I guess you have a poi- hey," he meowed, echoing his brother's mischievous look back at him. "You told me before that you liked my voice. Especially when I say your name~" he teased, amused, tail standing up behind himself as he made his way casually down the hall lined with reflective surfaces. Everywhere, reflections of himself followed his every movement. Bloom was right; they had a mirror with them at all times, especially since they were so in sync usually.

Even though he teased about his voice, even that was nearly the same. A slightly different pitch and a slightly different tone, but they still even sounded almost just alike. And even if someone could pick out the differences in their voices, no one was ever able to match one voice with the other. They were interchangable. They had no single identity. They just existed. There was no Plume and there was no Bloom, there was just them.

And Plume was perfectly fine with that.

The tabby sat down then, staring at the reflection of himself sitting directly in front of himself. Amber eyes stared back, curious. Searching. He could tell the differences between them, so why couldn't anyone else? But... Did he really want anyone to be able to do that? If they could, he and Bloom wouldn't be as close. They wouldn't need each other as much. Plume felt his pelt prickle slightly at the thought. The twins never even let anyone have the chance to get to know them, never let anyone close enough to see their differences that, to Plume, were plain as day. "Hey, you ever think..." he began, quietly, eyes still staring at the reflection of himself, before the tom shook his head a bit. "Nah, never mind. Let's get out of here, I'm starving."

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 12:48 PM

Bloom watched his brother's face, knowing without a doubt the exact twitches and muscles shifts that would occur as he realized the joke had been at his expense. They were pure instinct at this point and barely required any thought at all to note. If need be, Bloom could mirror them at the drop of a hat. It was kind of scary when you really thought about. Nothing about his brother surprised him anymore. Not even the flirty comment afterwards. Ever since they'd met the boss, they'd been doing this. Even now when they were alone, it was all part of their little game.

Amber eyes followed his doppelganger follow his own reflection. He really couldn't blame others for looking at them and being uncertain. As painful as it could be, how could he give them crap when the only way he had to tell them apart was that he was here and Plume was there. Sometimes it was even less clear than that. When they stood side by side, fur brushed by fur, there were times where the line for even Bloom himself was blended beyond recognition. Just like he wanted. Just like he'd been actively working to do for as long as he could remember.

He wasn't the only one lost in thought either. Plume's reflection in the mirrors was slightly distant and more than a little observant. Bloom could practically see the gears turning in his head. Plume could be quite sharp when he wanted to be. Hell, they both were. The issue was just turning that sharpness inward. At the start of a question his head tilted, watching Plume trail off as he debated whether or not he should push it.

Bloom moved forward, headbutting his brother's shoulder before leaning against him, letting him hold his weight. "Mm I smelled some fish by that weird river cave thing? Y'know the one with the big wooden boat that looks like a bird?" he suggested. He ducked under Plume's head, letting the top of his own push up against his brother's hand as he moved, hoping to soothe Plume's conflict with familiarity. It was the same reason that had him smirking in a way that was somehow gentle, offering, "We could play a game - whoever catches the smaller fish has to do what the other says for the rest of the day?"

BY MITZI

--------------------
user posted image
PM |
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS REPLY | NEW TOPIC | NEW POLL

Our Affiliates
Carried Home The Fate of Five faint pawprints The Warriors Forest dreams of tomorrow Way of the Clans: AU traditional Warrior Cats
Shattered Alley Site Name Site Name Site Name Site Name
Site Name Site Name Site Name Site Name Site Name Site Name Site Name Site Name