START OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN
Welcome to Moment of Truth! We are a relaxed play-by-post Warriors roleplay set in a post-apocalyptic world. We feature original Clans in a unique city setting for a refreshing take on the familiar Warriors universe. In the aftermath of a devastating plague, humans have been wiped out and only nature is left behind. GlassClan, former kittypets of the city, are now faced with AshClan, wild cats who have travelled far and now call the city their home. The Tribe, desiring only peace, take shelter in the sewers and subways underneath the city. Can you survive in this new world?
ONLY GET WHAT YOU GRIEVE
LIFE WAS A KILLER DREAM
LET YOUR FEET RUN WILD
ALL THE STARS ARE CLOSER
Things have slowed down a bit with the time of year, but we are ready to jump into summer and have fun! We've posted an activity check for the next week and a half, be sure to post in it if you'd like to stick around and keep your account active! After the check, we would love to move forward with the gathering as well as start implementing some new plots and ideas!
The activity check is now over!!! Accounts that didn't reply have been moved to the inactive member group, but feel free to message staff if you want to be moved back!! Two high ranks have opened, deputy and medicine cat in AshClan! Please consider applying! Gatherings won't occur until high ranks are filled!
It is now New-Leaf on MOT!
Hello everyone! We've got a new skin up, if you notice anything weird on the site please give us a heads up as we're still trying to tweak everything and may have missed something when moving to the new layout. We've put an activity check up that will be open for a week; please be sure to reply to this if you want to keep your characters! If you're unable to reply to the check or are having activity problems, please reach out to us. After the check and the old characters/bios/threads have been cleaned out, we will continue from there to grow our site even more.
Happy New Year, MOT!!! We have an activity check up so please check that out to keep your account and characters safe. Almost all high ranks are filled, with just the Head Hunter remaining, so definitely look into applying so we can move towards holding our first Gathering! We are super excited with the activity we had been building, and would love to keep that momentum going into the new semester!
It is now Leaf-Bare on MOT!
The activity check is over! We have an announcement up here where you can earn shop items that would otherwise need to be bought! We want to welcome all the new members that have joined in the last week or so, and encourage all members to look at the open high ranks to see if any position catches your eye! We are more than excited to roleplay with everyone!
We hope that everyone who celebrates it has had a great Thanksgiving! This weekend we have decided to do some cleaning around the site and to hopefully make things a little easier to understand in regards to information threads and high rank auditions. To do that, we are doing a small activity check that will only last a few days so that we can implement those changes. Please be sure to post there with what characters/wips you wanna keep!
We've been open for a little over a month now, and role playing is beginning to pick up! We're currently brainstorming ideas of IC events that could take place in the future, so if you've got any ideas feel free to toss them at us. High ranks are still open with no current end date, though we've been getting a few auditions, so get yours in! Available high ranks can be found here.
MOT is now open! Feel free to stop in and chat with us, poke around, and make yourself at home! Here is the list of all currently available high ranks.
OPEN HIGH RANKS AND AUDITIONS, apply here!
OPEN HIGH RANKS
Hello! Since you're here I'd assume that you're interested in applying for one of our high ranks. The application process is simple; create a bio for the cat you'd like to audition with, then fill out the form below and post everything to this thread. Once the we have enough entries for a position, we will close auditions for that rank and choose a character for that slot.
Please refer to THIS THREAD for high rank rules and responsibilities.
Below is a list of all available high ranks.
Below is the application used for your character's audition. Please answer all questions as thoroughly as possible and don't be afraid to ask staff with any questions or for help. When finished filling out the below form, post the application here. DO NOT POST A WIP AUDITION TO THIS THREAD.
In regards to the Scenario and Relationships part of the audition, please reply in-character with the cat you are applying with!
You have two options when writing your biography!! You can write the bio as if the cat is a lower rank (warrior/hunter/fighter/healer), get that bio accepted, and then try-out for the position. Alternatively, you can write the bio as though the cat is that position (this works when you want to have had your cat in that position for a long time) and then try-out. Keep in mind, though, the bio will have to be edited if you are not selected. Medicine cats should write the bio as that rank.
Link to bio:
- With AshClan: What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with AshClan as a whole?
- With GlassClan: What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with GlassClan as a whole?
- With The Tribe: What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with The Tribe as a whole?
- With StarClan: What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with StarClan as a whole?
- Outsiders: how does your character feel about outsiders, or outsiders joining their Clan?
- Cross-Clan Relationships: how do they feel about cross-clan relationships and how would they react if it happened in their own clan? How would your character feel about and deal with resulting kits?
- War and Alliances: how would they react to another clan declaring war on your character's clan? Would they ever declare war themselves, and if so why? On the other hand, how does your character feel about forming alliances with other clans?
- The Code: how does your character feel about the warrior code? Is it something that should be followed exactly or are rules made to be broken?
- Prophecies: FOR MED CATS/HEALERS; how does your character feel about prophecies? Would your character ever hide a prophecy or knowledge from StarClan?
- Helping Others: FOR MED CATS/HEALERS; how does your character feel about helping cats outside of their Clan?
use one of the scenarios above to write a role play sample with your character in the role you're auditioning for.
|[b]Link to bio:[/b]|
[list][*][b]With AshClan:[/b] What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with AshClan as a whole?
[*][b]With GlassClan:[/b] What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with GlassClan as a whole?
[*][b]With The Tribe:[/b] What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with The Tribe as a whole?
[*][b]With StarClan:[/b] What are your character's feelings/opinions/current relationships with StarClan as a whole?
[list][*][b]Outsiders:[/b] how does your character feel about outsiders, or outsiders joining their Clan?
[*][b]Cross-Clan Relationships:[/b] how do they feel about cross-clan relationships and how would they react if it happened in their own clan? How would your character feel about and deal with resulting kits?
[*][b]War and Alliances:[/b] how would they react to another clan declaring war on your character's clan? Would they ever declare war themselves, and if so why? On the other hand, how does your character feel about forming alliances with other clans?[/list]
[*][b]The Code:[/b] how does your character feel about the warrior code? Is it something that should be followed exactly or are rules made to be broken?[/list]
[*][b]Prophecies:[/b] FOR MED CATS/HEALERS; how does your character feel about prophecies? Would your character ever hide a prophecy or knowledge from StarClan? [/list]
[*][b]Helping Others:[/b] FOR MED CATS/HEALERS; how does your character feel about helping cats outside of their Clan? [/list]
[b]RP sample:[/b] use one of the scenarios above to write a role play sample with your character in the role you're auditioning for.
| Link to bio: Female - Blueheart - GlassclanRelationships:
- With AshClan: "They were a desperate bunch and a cat will do stupid things in desperation. The first generation of Ashclanners made that mistake, now Littlestar and the rest of them have to live with it. Sad, really, but their home is on stolen ground."
- With GlassClan: "We're the inheritors of what the Twolegs left for us after they all died. We do what we can when we can, all just to bring everyone into tomorrow. I love them all and would give them the world if I could."
- With The Tribe: "I don't honestly know how to feel about the tribe. Some of them have traitor's blood in them, they turned on Glassclan and the warrior code. But the rest have lineage to our invaders. Despite all this, all they want is peace with everyone. I admire their resolve, but peace is something you have to maintain with hard work and resolve, you don't run from things that threaten it and just expect them to not chase you. I doubt they know that, even now...."
- With StarClan: "Haven't seen, heard or smelt them, just of them. Do I believe in life after death and a final destination..? I'll worry about that when the time comes."
- Outsiders: "You can never tell with a cat who has grown outside of the Glasclan, Ashclan or the tribe, can you? it depends on the cat at that point if you're going to push them away or not. At least with Ashclan I know where I stand. With a rogue..? I don't know... Maybe."
- Cross-Clan Relationships: "This one's kind of... Close to me. Can I blame a cat for finding friendship or even love outside of Glassclan? No, maybe that she-cat or tom that's right for me is out there too. If it happened to me, or someone in Glassclan? Just... Make sure it doesn't hurt anyone, or make an issue. As for the kits that'd come of that, well, they didn't get to pick their mother or father. Mixed lineage aside, raise them as warriors of the clan of their mother."
- War and Alliances: "If we went to war with Ashclan right now.. Or the Tribe? Fight offensively, but keep the option for peace open. The enemy would need to understand that we're not monsters. Now if I was Glassclan's leader, I don't think I'd go looking for any fights, myself. Finish them? Definitely. Alliances on the other hand... Maybe try to forge something of a pact with the tribe. Those tunnels would help a lot against Ashclan. As for Ashclan, egh... So long as they don't do anything stupid, they can keep sitting on that stolen ground for all I'm worried about."
- The Code: "The Code is the very founding principles of what makes Glassclan what it is. Strong, unwavering, virtuous... It's simple, but a warrior's judgement matters a lot too. Sometimes you can't always just push away the trespasser, they're trespassing for a reason and it might not be to steal prey from us. Like I said before, The Code is the foundation of Glassclan, its the job of the leader and their warriors to build on that foundation. Make it mean something."
- Prophecies: N/A
- Helping Others: N/A
It'd been late, past dusk, the full moon lingered over the old church Glassclan made into its den and the cold leaf bare's wind failed to nip at those who had chosen or been chosen to remain behind during the brief meeting. Blueheart had been asked by Chalkstar to stay behind, reports of some mighty predators leaving the leader nervous about leaving the camp without an authority figure to keep things under control should something happen. Thus, she remained in stoic vigilance with the warriors who were still in camp. It would've been an uneventful night as well if her brother, Icestorm, wouldn't have shown up with a shecat unmistakably heavy with a litter. The molly wasn't one she could identify as Glassclan by scent, no, they smelled like a Tribe cat. There was confusion, surprise, a bit of anger. Why would Icestorm bring a cat in such a tender state out of her tribe's territory and lure her over into Glassclan? The explanation was simple, the molly was someone Icestorm had taken a fancy to and the plump belly on display was the result of that. But only a moon, or even less, away from kitting, the tribe cat had the bright idea to change allegiances in order to bring her kits into the world with both parents on call and under the bright and warm sun instead of the pitch darkness of the tunnels. This was definitely a drastic move and the expressions of those around Blueheart told the Deputy one simple thing, they'd be fine with her staying if only to keep the unborn safe. Faces and postures examined gave Blueheart enough time in pause to formulate something in her head, "Chalkstar will hold a final verdict over your fate,"
She began to explain to the tribe cat, "but Glassclan won't turn you away when you clearly need help simply getting around. Otherwise we might as well leave you on a high perch surrounded by the dogs that've been rummaging through our territory as of late.. Find a nest in the nursery and rest your sore paws."
With the she-cat dealt with, attention gravitated toward IceStorm in turn. "Since you're the cause of all this trouble, you go make the nest and bring her prey."
(Disclaimer : This scenario's only used as an example ^~^ It's not canon in Moment of Truth and is purely hypothetical for the purposes of the RP sample.)
| Link to bio: Rises with the Sun for Tribe Head HealerRelationships:
- With AshClan: Her mother, Leaping Over Deep Water, was originally from AshClan and asked to be renamed according to the naming system. Leaping Over Deep Water explained the past to her without bias, and as a result, though Rises with the Sun doesn't personally agree with how Ashclan handled the affair, she doesn't have any negative opinions towards them. She is very much a product of the wish for peace between the clans and tribe.
- With GlassClan: Her father, Hides in Shadows, was originally from Glassclan and, in an attempt to woo her mother, also asked to be renamed in Tribe fashion. They had been low-key interested in each other as fights were breaking out between Ashclan and Glassclan, and just as Leaping Over Deep Water had explained Ashclan's actions, Hides in Shadows had explained Glassclan's actions. As with Ashclan, though Rises with the Sun doesn't agree with the fighting that had happened, or with Glassclan's reasoning, she doesn't have any negative opinions. She wants to work towards peace and she also wants to establish safety for any healer moving through the clans' territories, as she feels that healers should not be attacked unless they attack first. While she wouldn't go so far as to say that healers should be allowed to traipse into the heart of a clan's territory freely and snoop, she thinks that they should be allowed to move through the territories freely to get to another location, so long as they keep close to the borders, and should be allowed to parlay with the leaders and healers of each location without being attacked. Of course healers may move through the borders to meet with Starclan, but she feels this should be a constant so that the healers may cooperate and keep any clan from dying out to disease.
- With The Tribe: The Tribe is Rises with Sun's home. She feels that the choices and acceptance within the Tribe are to be relished. She has very little input, if any, in the authoritative process as a normal healer, so she has very little opinion on that front, but as a whole she agrees with the way the Tribe is run as she has no information on the alternatives being proposed. Certainly she seems to appreciate Flick's efforts so far.
- With StarClan: Rises with the Sun is eager to live a long life full of purpose so that when she finally meets with her father and brother again in Starclan, she will earn their forgiveness, and her own, for the survivor's guilt she feels. She often mentions that she wishes it had been her instead of them, because they were "too good and kind to be taken from the world" and they "could have made a difference".
- Outsiders: While certain circumstances could make her wary of them, for the most part she'd only request an interview with the cat in question to ensure they mean no harm, and that would usually only occur in times of hostility. As it stands, she would welcome them, knowing that the world is a hard place and that the Tribe is more forgiving and peaceful than the Clans as a whole.
- Cross-Clan Relationships: Rises with the Sun is of a mind that cats cannot help who their hearts wish for, and would warn the cats involved that it may be a hard thing to have cross-clan relationships when at any moment a clan could choose to fight them, but she would give her blessing as long as the cats involved understand and promise to be true to themselves as well as their clans. She'd also warn that she hopes both parties would choose other targets in a fight. If kits were born of such a union, she'd advocate that the kits should stay with their mother, but that if the queen belonged to another Clan and would prefer they stay with the tribe, she'd accept them with her blessing; she'd also allow queens from her tribe to request the tom raise them once they are weaned if they truly feel unable to handle raising them and don't want them to live in the tribe. Any kits raised outside the Tribe would be welcome to join them once of age, if she had any say in the matter, to reconnect with their other parent. Regardless of who is in the other clan, she would allow visitation rights to the kits at any time that the parent can be spared from their duties in the other clan, and would hope that the clans would return the favor for her cats if they have kits in the other clans. After all, as she would say, "Regardless of parentage, the kits are the future of us all. We should do our best to give them a good kithood, so long as hostilities are not actively happening between us, and even when they are if it can be done safely." Additionally, allowing active visitation between cross clan relationships and their young would help to enforce peaceful thoughts.
- War and Alliances: The only thing that would prompt Rises with the Sun calling for war would be the slaughter of kits or apprentices or long-term abuse of the same; attempts to take over the underground might make her think about it as well but it wouldn't be such a hair-trigger reaction. As for having war declared war on the Tribe, Rises with the Sun would ask that any fighters willing to donate their time begin to teach basic defensive moves to anyone that doesn't know them, that hunters go in pairs, and that all patrols of fighters have at least two fighters and take a healer (or two, depending on how many are in the patrol) with them in case of an emergency. She would play mostly defensively, defending to the last, and only making attacks if it was agreed that it was absolutely necessary. She has no wish to send cats to the slaughter, hers or those of other clans. She's a healer, after all. If she did have to order an attack, she'd go out among them as a healer.
- The Code: The warrior code is something designed to keep cats of any allegiance safe and alive, and she agrees with it wholeheartedly. She might want absolute peace, but she'll happily settle for all parties acting with the Code in mind.
- Prophecies: Rises with the Sun has never had a prophetic dream, or a visit from Starclan, but if she had them she would take them very seriously. The only time she would hide a prophecy would be if revealing it would cause undue distress among the clan that could not be soothed (knowing a traitor was in the midst, for example, or that a sickness that would wipe out dozens was coming: she'd prepare for it, and make sure the clan was prepared, but sometimes knowing that something is foretold only makes it worse). However, she would reveal all visions to the other leaders, and talk to them about the pros and cons of revealing each to the clan, and stating her reasons for doing so or not. If she is overruled about revealing one she wants to hide, she will do so, if reluctantly.
- Helping Others: Rises with the Sun encourages this whole-heartedly. If she found out that a clan at war with her in the past was suffering from sickness she'd ask her healers for volunteers to bring them some herbs and stay with the clan (if the help is accepted) to reduce the risk of loss of life. Her main priority is the balance of life; and sometimes competent, healthy healers coming in to take over when the main healer is distraught and/or exhausted, with herbs that would replenish a failing stock, is the difference between life and death.
"They've gone too far," Rises with the Sun intoned solemnly, the fire going out in her eyes as she admitted it, ears flattening against her head as sorrow blossomed in her chest. "It's time to go on the offense."
Her only response was nodding, and she rose, sighing. "I'll tell the clan," and of course having the healer, the leader most invested in life, speak about the need for death, would have the most effect; and she had been the one to delay it. Heading out to the meeting place, she called for the cats of the tribe to gather, her partners at her side as she addressed the tribe with a heavy heart.
"It is to my sorrow that I must announce our next actions concerning the war we've been fighting," and her cats, the ones she watched over, had healed many times, had seen birthed, fell silent almost immediately, the hush oppressive in the air.
"We've sustained many injuries as a result of their actions, and now they seek to restrict our territory and have made moves against apprentices despite the presence of protective fighter patrols," and she swallowed hard. "I have held back on this, and delayed the suggestions of our esteemed head Hunter and head Fighter despite the need growing in the past months, but with the recent death of the apprentice known as Night, who we have decided to commemorate with the full name Lives on in the Night in honor of their brief but valued life, I cannot in good conscience delay it any more. Any cat that is willing to volunteer for an attack to repel their forces is to report to our head Fighter after this meeting, and I will require two skilled healers with defensive fighting knowledge willing to accompany me with the attack force to minimize casualties."
Blinking back tears as she gazed down at the assemblage, who yowled in shared pain over the loss of one of their apprentices, and growled and hissed in eagerness to avenge them. This had been a long time coming.
Her heart ached for the loss of life she had just agreed to, and for the pain like a rot in the hearts of her people.
As dawn broke the next day, lives were lost. After half a moon, the war came to an end, but the names of those that died in the process were etched in Rises with the Sun's heart, and when she spoke to the leader of the clan at the next meeting, she lowered her head and begged forgiveness.
(My apologies for the length of 421 words; I have trouble writing long posts out of nowhere, and as I'm not entirely sure yet that this is how it would go down, especially as it's hypothetical (because I don't want to assume certain details) I didn't feel comfortable expanding on some things. I don't like to be presumptuous. x///x)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)